Fall is shedding time. Summer fun is over. Time to pack away the beach towel and run your jeans and hoodies through the wash. It’s also time to … write of course!
You knew I would say that, right?
If you’re stuck or loathe to return to the writing desk; if you …
- have stories or a book in the works
- need instruction, guidance, or inspiration
- want exposure to new prose techniques
- want to freshen your perspective on process
- want to connect with other writers
…then here’s two ways to find what you need!
Starting November 4, I’m running a 6-week workshop in Uptown Kingston. We’ll meet Monday nights in the studio space above Half Moon Books on North Front Street from 7:00 to 9:00 PM.
–> Two quick facts! 1) I offer sliding scale rates. 2) The course is geared towards beginner to intermediate writers.
This year marks my tenth year teaching workshops and working closely with students at developing their craft and sharpening their artistic vision.
With one-on-one students, my formula for client satisfaction is this:
- talk to the writer first about the work, to understand their goals and where the work is at;
- write thorough and compassionate written feedback and provide a carefully marked MS
- provide the feedback first, giving the writer time to absorb it and formulate follow-up questions
- have a minimum one-hour phone or Skype call to review and discuss
Writers want an instructor who knows the ropes and has been there before. Whether you’re drafting short stories, a memoir, or a novel, I can speak from experience about the writing journey. Most writing obstacles are not grammatical or technical but emotional, intellectual, and spiritual. I address these challenges as well as help you shape and grow your content.
I’m now working through Reedsy, so the work is guaranteed and payments extra secure.